Hi Andre,
     Thanks a lot for your help and time , i really appreciate your patience
to explain me everything step by step.
I did the exactly what u suggested. I have tomcat running on port 9080(as
well as 8180) and 8009 is ajp listner.
http://www.jaatmusic.com:9080
http://www,jaatmusic.com:8180
http://www.jaatmusic.com:8009
all working

My Server.xml is like this

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
              enableLookups="true" acceptCount="10" debug="0"
              connectionTimeout="20000" useURIValidationHack="false" />
acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

put these two lines in apache
JkMount /ex testWorker
JkMount /ex/* testWorker

I am sorry but it still not working.
*In apache log i got this*
File does not exist: /home/jaatadmin/public_html/ex*
( NOTE : /home/jaatadmin/public_html* is my default apache directory for
this domain, so when u just write the jaatmusic.com it picks index.html from
this dir, but when i had alias there it was picking index.html from
servelet-examples folder of webapps of tomcat dir, anyways alias is
different story)

*Nothing in tomcat log*
nothing in tomcat related to this request

*In MOD JK Log i got this*
[Sun Jul 20 17:01:35.425 2008] [29926:3079694048] [debug]
jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c (3190): missing uri map for jaatmusic.com:
/ex/servlet/HelloWorldExample

*In Browser i am getting following error message from apache when i access
this url*
http://www.jaatmusic.com/ex <http://www.jaatmusic.com/examples>
or this link http://www.jaatmusic.com/ex/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Not Found

The requested URL /ex/ was not found on this server.
------------------------------
Apache/2.2.8 (Fedora) Server at www.jaatmusic.com Port 80

Thanks,
Ravi.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:31 PM, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> JkMount /examples testWorker
> JkMount /examples/* testWorker
> and restart Apache
>
> 8) enter
> http://www.jaatmusic.com/examples
> (notice that this time you are *not* entering the port xxxx, because you
> want to connect through Apache, not go directly to Tomcat).
> Do you see the same Tomcat examples menu page as before ?
> If not, what do you see ? an error page of Apache, or one of Tomcat ?
>
> André
>

> Ravi Sharma wrote:
>
>> ya thats true propblems gives u more knowledge..but this one is killing me
>> :)
>> i have removed the alias line too..... now none of the link is working....
>> :(
>> I dont know whats wrong
>>
>> now httpd.conf has only this line
>>
>> JkMount /ex/servlet/HelloWorldExample testWorker.
>>
>> I really dont know what i am missing.......
>> please help.
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:44 PM, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>  The good news is that you will learn more by encountering problems and
>>> solving them, than if everything worked correctly on the first pass.
>>>
>>> Ravi Sharma wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>>  Alias /ex /usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/servlets-examples

>>> First you are telling Apache that if it sees "/ex" in a URI, it should
>>> translate it to "/usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/servlets-examples".
>>> Then you are telling Apache that if it sees a URI like "/ex/servlet/*",
>>> it
>>> should pass it to mod_jk (which will pass it to Tomcat).
>>>
>>> Here is my guess as to what happens, step by step :
>>>
>>> You send the following request to Apache :
>>> /ex/servlet/HelloWorldExample
>>>
>>> Because of the "Alias", Apache will first translate this to the file
>>> location
>>> /usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/servlets-examples/HelloWorldExample
>>>
>>> Then Apache will try to find a "handler" for that location.
>>> Because mod_jk is installed, Apache will ask mod_jk if it is interested
>>> in
>>> this URI.
>>>
>>> mod_jk will say no, because the above translated URI does not match
>>> "/ex/servlet/*" in the JkMount.  So mod_jk will return "DECLINED" to
>>> Apache.
>>>
>>> Then Apache will ask other possible handlers, and if nobody else wants
>>> this
>>> URI, then Apache will select its own default handler (the one which just
>>> returns local files).
>>>
>>> This default handler will try to find the file
>>> /usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/servlets-examples/HelloWorldExample
>>> and will not find it. So it will return an error.
>>>
>>> The point is that an "Alias" happens earlier in the cycle of processing
>>> the
>>> request (the "URI translation" step), and the "content generation" step
>>> happens later.  mod_jk (and Tomcat) are involved in the
>>> phase.  But by the time mod_jk is getting asked if it wants to generate