Hi Ravi.

It is quite difficult to help you if
a) you do not provide precise information
b) you do not follow precise steps when indicated
c) you mix up information when describing a problem

Ravi Sharma wrote:
Hi Andre,
     Thanks a lot for your help and time , i really appreciate your patience
to explain me everything step by step.
I did the exactly what u suggested.
No, you did not.

 I have tomcat running on port 9080(as
well as 8180) and 8009 is ajp listner.
http://www.jaatmusic.com:9080
http://www,jaatmusic.com:8180
http://www.jaatmusic.com:8009
all working

Ok, but how do you know they are working ? did you use the netstat
command as suggested ?
Maybe you did, but I do not know that, and my own information
contradicts that.
I can see the connector 8009 open from outside, but not 9080 nor 8180.
That is possible, because between me and them, there may be a firewall
that is not there for you.
I can see a connector at port 8009, and can see that it is AJP13, but when I connect to it via telnet, it gives me a different kind of answer than when I connect to the connector 8009 of my own tomcat 4.1 system.
So I am still wondering if I am seeing the same system, or seeing a
different port 8009 on your firewall (if any).

My Server.xml is like this

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
This does not seem to be an exact copy of your server.xml.  There is,
for example, a classname attribute missing, which is strange.
It also has different attributes than the next one. Where does that Connector come from ?
It is that kind of thing that makes me wonder.

              enableLookups="true" acceptCount="10" debug="0"
              connectionTimeout="20000" useURIValidationHack="false" />
This one seems ok.

acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
This one also.

At this point, I was asking you to try to access your Tomcat server
directly, without going through Apache.
In other words, using the following links, exactly :
a) http://www.jaatmusic.com:8180
b) http://www.jaatmusic.com:8180/examples
What do you get when you try (a) or (b) above ?

Next, now that I know that you also have a port 9080, and only if it works with the above port 8180, then also try
c) http://www.jaatmusic.com:9080
d) http://www.jaatmusic.com:9080/examples
What do you get when you try (c) or (d) above ?
(you should get the same thing)

Next,

put these two lines in apache
JkMount /ex testWorker
JkMount /ex/* testWorker
No, that is not what I asked.
What I asked you to do, was to put these 2 lines :
JkMount /examples testWorker
JkMount /examples/* testWorker
and restart Apache
(not "/ex", but "/examples".  There was a reason for asking that.)

I am sorry but it still not working.
*In apache log i got this*
File does not exist: /home/jaatadmin/public_html/ex*
( NOTE : /home/jaatadmin/public_html* is my default apache directory for
this domain,
No, it is not. "/home/jaatadmin/public_html*" cannot be your
DocumentRoot of Apache, because there is a "*" at the end.
If you provide information, please provide the exact configuration line, not an inexact version, that is confusing.

 so when u just write the jaatmusic.com it picks index.html from
this dir, but when i had alias there it was picking index.html from
servelet-examples folder of webapps of tomcat dir, anyways alias is
different story)
Yes, Alias is a different story.  And not a good idea.
But one thing at a time, that is why I was asking you for a deliberate
and precise series of steps.
I do not see and cannot guess the exact content of your configuration files, and I do not exactly know how your setup is, in terms of network,
firewall, etc..
So I am trying to understand it, in order to help you.
But if you give me approximative data, then I cannot help, because it
does not make a lot of sense.

[...]
*In Browser i am getting following error message from apache when i access
this url*
http://www.jaatmusic.com/ex <http://www.jaatmusic.com/examples>
or this link http://www.jaatmusic.com/ex/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Not Found

The requested URL /ex/ was not found on this server.
------------------------------
Apache/2.2.8 (Fedora) Server at www.jaatmusic.com Port 80
Again : the error message cannot be exactly the same for all 3 URLs. So you are interpreting, and that makes things more confusing for the person trying to help.

Which browser are you using ? Internet Explorer, or another one ?

I also have a specific technical reason to ask :
when a server responds with a 404 error page (not found), Firefox or
Netscape show you the page as it comes back from the server.  Then you
can tell if it comes back from Apache or from Tomcat.
But IE does not show the original error page, it shows its own version,
on which you cannot see the difference.
So, if you are currently using IE, try Firefox instead if you can, it
will make things easier to find the problem.

André