> From: Maduranga Kannangara [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> There is an issue with my Tomcat instance where I have to
> kill it using 9 all the time.
>
> This is my application environment:
> An active-mq queue is used inside my application war.
> Tomcat version: 5.x
> OS: Redhat Linux

It would help if you were more specific with your versions - Tomcat 5.0.x and
5.5.x are significantly different, and RedHat has put out a *lot* of Linux
versions over the years.

> However I was unable to get trace using kill 3 as I saw in
> some of the threads in this mailing list.
>
> How can I ensure proper shutdown of Tomcat?

What JVM are you using?  In particular, I don't think the GNU JVM that comes
with some versions of RedHat supports giving a thread dump on kill -QUIT.

                - Peter