Hi,

A friend of mine said it was not due to ActiveMQ that Tomcat does not
shutdown properly, however I added a kill command to shutdown.sh script
which is NOT good at all, I understand.

In MAC (10.5) kill -3 seems working, but its a blind path which gets me
nowhere. I do not get a trace of the threads. Its a wrong path I am
following. What I need simply is a clean shutdown on Tomcat :-)

Environment:
Tomcat: 5.5.20
JVM: 1.5.0_09-b01
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)

Please help! :-)

Thanks again
Maduranga

--