----- Original Message ----- From: "Angelica Ardila" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 12:20 AM
Subject: Support

Good afternoon, my question is this:

That version of JDK should I use for the Tomcat 6?

Thank you very much.

Angélica Ardila

-------------------

We using TC5/6 with JDK1.5 all the way to JDK 6 beta (10)... no problems.

If you starting out....

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

2nd item from the top (JDK 6 Update 7)... and the documentation... (Java SE 6 Documentation)

If you need a dev IDE... its better to go here... http://download.netbeans.org/netbeans/6.1/final/
and get the one you want... than use the JDK option with NETBEANS
Because NB is getting huge...
What I do is dowload the PHP version... and then install the TC plugins from NB... its quicker than the whole GlassFish thing...

If you not developing and the JRE (SE) 5 or 6 is on the machine already... TC is all you need...
You have to have the JDK for the IDE however...

If you on windows, install the JDK to a non standard folder... else it gets updated auto... and you dont want that in a dev environment...

... enjoy TC is cool ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.