----- Original Message ----- From: "Darryl Pentz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: Communicating between webapps

Bill,

You would think so but it isn't that easy. Which is good to some degree, because that would seem like a scary security vulnerability. Nevertheless, besides that, Tomcats classloader hierarchy also prevents this mechanism.

It would be useful if there was some form of publish-subscribe message bus that one could, well, publish or subscribe to. I realize that JMS falls into this category, but JMS is overkill to what I'm referring to.

I recall using a message bus type of approach in a Swing application many moons ago. Forget the name of the library now. Had 'bus' in its name, perhaps somebody here knows.

Anyway, from the responses one can tell this isn't an easy peasy no brainer. *shrug*