Abhi wrote:
> I am trying to migrate my application from Resin to Tomcat 6.0.18. The
> application runs fine, but my application context name(the context is
> created) is coming as null in Tomcat.

How are you getting the context name?

> <web-app id="/Foo" root-directory="webapps/Foo"/>
>
> Can someone please let me know as to what exactly should I put in
> context.xml, where should I place it in Tomcat and should it be called
> context.xml or should it be renamed to my web application name?

In this case, you don't need a context.xml file. Just remove it from your
webapp.

If you had needed to use a context.xml file then it should located at
META-INF/context.xml inside your WAR.

Tomcat will automatically extract it to CATALINA_BASE/conf/<engine
name>/<host name>/<name of web app>.xml

For a WAR file foo.war in a default install this would be
CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/foo.xml

Mark