This is an issue with the way getServletContextName() is implemented in
Resin and Tomcat. In Tomcat this returns the display-name of the application
where as in Resin it returns the URL prefix for the servlet context. Once I
added a display name to my web application I am getting the context name in
Tomcat.

What I actually want is the URL prefix for the servlet context. The method
to access this would be httpServletRequest.getContextPath(). But I want to
access this in a filter.

Does anybody know a container independent way to do this?