Abhi wrote:
This is an issue with the way getServletContextName() is implemented in
Resin and Tomcat. In Tomcat this returns the display-name of the application
where as in Resin it returns the URL prefix for the servlet context. Once I
added a display name to my web application I am getting the context name in
Tomcat.

What I actually want is the URL prefix for the servlet context. The method
to access this would be httpServletRequest.getContextPath(). But I want to
access this in a filter.

And is there any reason why you cannot ?
I have this in a filter :

public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse resp,
           FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {

  HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest) req;
  StringBuffer callURL = request.getRequestURL();

}
(and I suppose you can also call request.getContextPath())

Does anybody know a container independent way to do this?
As far as I know, the above should be.