Jordan,

Much thanks for the response and thinking it over after I emailed this I have some idea where I went wrong, so I'll try to fix it. But I am just frustrated that installing Tomcat involves so much guess-work as oppossed to having some clues. The people who develop Tomcat are obviously a lot more intelligent than I am so they don't need an installer but a dufus like me would love it.

Thanks!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jordan Michaels" <jor...@viviotech.net>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: Installing Tomcat

What are you trying to install it on?

We can help point you in the right direction.

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Open BlueDragon Steering Committee
Adobe Solution Provider

michel wrote:
I have been trying to install Tomcat 4.1.39 and failing miserably. My fault, fair enough for that. But I am struck that when I installed Apache HHTP there was an installer that gave me some warnings about why it failed. I had messages that I could do a net search and learn to fix.

The only thing that I found are some instructions for manually installing Tomcat and I have no clue why it's not working.