To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:28 AM
Subject: RE: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work

From: michel [mailto:compu...@videotron.ca]

Problem solved!

Security hole opened!  (Not really, but you tried.)

<Connector address="91.203.57.197" port="8080"

That didn't "solve" the problem, it merely masked it. By specifying a particular IP address, you're making Tomcat listen to *only* that one IP address, regardless of what's configured for your TCP/IP stack. You still appear to have something else grabbing 0.0.0.0:8080, and you should find out what that is.

<Server address="91.203.57.197" port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

You just tried to open your Tomcat up to shutdown requests issued from *anywhere*. Luckily, Tomcat is smarter than that, and doesn't honor the address attribute on the <Server> element. It will listen to shutdown requests only on whatever IP address "localhost" evaluates to.

- Chuck