I'm always a few days behind the thread, but wanted to share.
If I had only known that I can configure the Valve at the Context level
(from Chuck's prior email).

Regardless, I recently wrote a java filter to filter IP's at the application
level, which replicates the valve functionality.
http://j2eewebprogrammer.blogspot.com/2008/12/filtering-ip-traffic-using-java-filter.html

HTH

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Christopher Schultz <