> From: i_am_superman [mailto:ee...@objectivation.nl]
> is there a simple way to map one
> domain name to two different SSL connectors?

I don't think there is, unless you want part of your application to be
accessible from a different port.  So the part that doesn't need certs might be
at https://www.example.com (implicitly on port 443) and the part that does need
certs might be at https://www.example.com:8443.  You could then set up two
different connectors, with different hosts and the different security
constraints.

I *think* this would allow you to re-use your existing server certificate;
browsers check the cert based on the domain name excluding the port, so as long
as www.example.com matched you'd be OK.  You could probably get away with just
the single keystore, too.  But you'd need appropriate code (or vanilla HTML) in
the applications to direct the user to "the other" app at the appropriate time!

Does this help, or have I answered the wrong question?

                - Peter