2009/5/11 Mackstar <richard.macks...@gmail.com>:

> I have an app which is currently working fine under jetty and I have set up
> tomcat to be a replacement container (part of my clients requirements).
>
> All seems to work apart from the JSP's (and any other html file) in one
> directory for which I get 404's. If I change the directory's name it works.
> Example the dir name is called shuppin if I change the dir name to shuppin1
> I have no problems.
>
> I don't know what the problem is but fact that I have a classes dir called
> shuppin may also be causing problems?
>
> I will upload the web.xml and server.xml
> (the classes seem to work correctly when called from other dirs)
>
> I have also once cleared the work/Catalina dir to get rid of any caching.
>
> I also get the following error in my logs
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /var/www/java/tomcat/work/Catalina/auction.provide-cars.com/shuppin/SESSIONS.ser
> (No such file or directory) http://www.nabble.com/file/p23475510/server.xml
> server.xml  http://www.nabble.com/file/p23475510/web.xml web.xml
>
> Any help is appreciatted.

1) Is "shupping" a web application, or just a subdirectory in it?

Note, that all subdirectories in appBase are separate independent web
applications, and the root web application in Tomcat should be named
"ROOT" (in uppercase),

2) Do not use the Invoker servlet. It is a hole you won't be able to patch
See
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous#Q2
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous#Q3

Best regards,