Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> 1. The shuppin directory is a subdirectory which is inside a ROOT
>> application directory, it has other sibling directories which are
>> working correctly.
>
> They may appear to work correctly, but that's probably just an accident.
> Each webapp should be directly under the <Host> appBase (by default,
> that's Tomcat's webapps directory).  Placing a directory under
> webapps/ROOT makes it part of the default webapp rather than being its own
> webapp.
>
> Sounds like your directory setup is incorrect, as well might be other
> config settings.  What <Context> elements have you specified?  Where are
> they located?  What's in the individual webapp WEB-INF/web.xml files?

OK I spoke too soon, you were right the invoker issue did not sort out my
problem

I have the following in my server.xml

    <Host name="auction" appBase="/var/www/auction"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false"
        <Alias>auction.provide-cars.com</Alias>
      </Host>

I have a dir called /var/www/auction/ROOT in which I have
/var/www/auction/ROOT/shuppin as well as
/var/www/auction/ROOT/dir and /var/www/auction/ROOT/members

the dir and members dirs are working fine, have no problem accessing beans
etc in /var/www/auction/ROOT/WEB-INF/Classes. I have added no other contexts
and am completely lost why this shuppin dir should throw 404's unless you
change its name.

As I said earlier I do have a package/dir at
/var/www/auction/ROOT/WEB-INF/Classes/shuppin/ which may have something to
do with it?

This is wierd because I had it working once?

Thanks again for any help

Richard