From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 11:25 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Apache/Tomcat with SSL

Miguel Ortiz wrote:
> [u...@localhost conf.d]# tail -f /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log
> [Mon Sep 28 08:51:41 2009] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not
> exist: /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/favicon.ico
> [Mon Sep 28 08:51:44 2009] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not
> exist: /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/favicon.ico
> [Mon Sep 28 09:03:04 2009] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Directory index
> forbidden by Options directive: /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/

Nothing to, I think, with your problem, but it would seem from the above
that you have configured your Apache front-end with something like

DocumentRoot /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps

which, in principle, is not a good idea.
What do you get in your browser when you request
http://your-hostname/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml

(or with https:// as the case may be)
?

05:51:00

This email and any files transmitted with it are the confidential property of
Focus Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries, and intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended
recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.