Thanks, Chuck, I'll take a look into this.

Appreciate it.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 5:46 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat hangs for minutes between ContextConfig and
StandardContext (Starting the app)

> From: Law, Christopher [mailto:chris....@snapon.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat hangs for minutes between ContextConfig and
> StandardContext (Starting the app)
>
> I'm afraid I don't know what a blocking entropy is.

/dev/random is the system-provided random byte stream for UNIX/Linux and
some other platforms.  In order to generate a reasonably random
sequence, it needs sources of randomness, such as keyboard interrupts,
mouse movements, radioactive decay; than randomness is termed entropy,
and until there's enough of it, the stream will block when requests are
made to it.

> "main" prio=6 tid=0x002a7000 nid=0xd5c runnable
> [0x0090f000..0x0090fe54]
>    java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
>       at java.io.FileOutputStream.close0(Native Method)
>       at java.io.FileOutputStream.close(FileOutputStream.java:279)
>       at java.io.FilterOutputStream.close(FilterOutputStream.java:143)

The above is the interesting one: it's stuck in close(), waiting for
something in the underlying file system.  Since you're on Windows, you
may need to set the antiJARLocking and antiResourceLocking attributes in
the <Context> element for your webapp.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.