> From: Law, Christopher [mailto:chris....@snapon.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat hangs for minutes between ContextConfig and
> StandardContext (Starting the app)
>
> ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/context.xml
> Which contains (comments removed):
> <Context>
>     <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
>     <Manager pathname="" />
> </Context>

That looks o.k.

> ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/Catalina/localhost/Spc.xml
> <Context antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true">
>     <Manager pathname="" />
> </Context>

The additional <Manager> element isn't needed (but it won't hurt); the global
one will suffice.

> 2009-10-12 18:06:13,973 DEBUG main
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig - Successfully processed
> context [/Spc] configuration file
> E:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\conf\Catalina\localhost\Spc.xml null
>
> I notice that the "null" is still being displayed, which, according to
> an earlier reply indicated the file has no recognizable content.

Having now looked through the code, I think I was mistaken.  Looks like there's
a normal path that will produce that message even when a valid <Context>
element is present.

> Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

At this point, I'm reduced to guessing.  By any chance, is there a case
mismatch - is your webapp properly deployed in [appBase]/Spc.xml or perhaps
incorrectly in [appBase]/spc.xml?  Can you post your entire server.xml?
(Grasping for straws here.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.