Sam Crawford wrote:
Apologies for misinterpreting your post.

Unfortunately we can't ditch SunONE - it's a requirement from our
security guys. We're operating in a two-tier DMZ environment and
SunONE will be in the top tier, with an SSO agent running inside it.
JBoss will be in the 2nd tier.

Just by curiosity (and I do not know SunONE) : you mention SSO. I know that with Apache and mod_jk, the authenticated Apache user can be passed on to Tomcat, and use by Tomcat. But I don't so far know any other connector able to do this. How does it work with SunONE ?