Chris,

Although adding ROOT of my appBase fixed my Filter mapping issue, I'm guessing that I need to put every bit of my app (all classes, libs etc ....) into that ROOT folder, correct ?

So then if I decide to deploy another app in a virtual host say for instance :

Host Name : www.domain.com   appBase=c:/app123

If that has a folder called proofs that I want filter mapping hits on, do I
created a ROOT folder off of my appBase (ie  c:/app123/ROOT) and put
every bit of my app (all classes, libs etc ....) into that ROOT folder ?

I'm sorry to belabor the point. I know that adding the ROOT folder fixed my initial problem but I not sure if that is because when only running 1 host it should be called ROOT or is it that every Host needs to have a ROOT folder off of it's appBase and everything should bit of the app should be put in there.

It seems the ROOT folder was the key here but before we wanted to add filter
mapping app worked fine when appBase is what we deemed to be the web
root for the app. It has worked well like that for years.

Is there a hard and fast rule about deployment that I'm missing ? (Probably) If there is. it seems to revolve around having a ROOT folder for each app maybe ?

Any more enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thanks once again.

-P