Christopher Schultz wrote:

André,

..

Care to throw down the gauntlet with some code? I'd love to see
something that can coalesce log messages in such a way.

Me and my big mouth.
This was meant to be a troll, triggering a flame. It wasn't meant seriously. But ok, I'll bite, because it's something I might need too some day. Give me a couple of days though, I'm pretty busy right now.

Remember that some log messages have more than one line of output, like
stack traces and all that.

But those are unlikely to have repeating lines. And I can cheat, replacing the message above by
>> ".. above line repeated nn times .."

Send me a sample of your logfile, I'd like to see the look of your timestamps.