Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2010/3/8 David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>:
I then created a service for my app with each version's service.bat
(different names), which starts from a separate folder on the HD.  With
IDENTICAL settings, both pointing to the exact same catalina_base

You cannot use the same catalina_base for different Tomcat versions.

1. Most of the files in conf/  are essentially different between major versions

2. Work directory must be cleared when upgrading by a minor version -
so that Jasper would recompile all JSPs

Yes, I did delete the work folder between startup attempts.

3. There might be changes in default configuration files between minor versions.
(E.g., new listeners in server.xml, new mime-types in web.xml, new
permissions in the policy file, and so on).

That's what I'm trying to figure out, what those differences are.

So it is always advisable to review the default configuration and add
your on top of it.

That's how I got started on this drill: I'm trying to upgrade my server to 6.0.somethingnew, but can't get it to go.