> From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
> Subject: Re: Installation differences between 6.0.24 and 5.5.28
>
> > Regardless, you cannot reliably share anything between two
> > different Tomcat versions.

> I have no desire to do so;

??? That contradicts your previous statement:

> Correct, and it's different from catalina_home.  Catalina_home
> is each version's own installation directory, and catalina_base
> is set the same for both installations

Can't both be true.

> Does 6.0.x simply have trouble when catalina_home != catalina_base????

The environment variables mean nothing when Tomcat is running as a service; you
have to set the appropriate system properties in the Java tab of the
tomcat6w.exe program.  I have no trouble when running separate home and base
directories.

I found moving from 5.5.x to 6.0.x to be exceedingly trivial; the only thing of
significance that changed was the replacement of the shared, common, and server
libraries with a single one.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.