rangeli nepal wrote:
Thank you for your response. I would have definitely not written to this
group, if my question would just related to SSL terminating on Apache. Here
is my scenario:
___________                                     ____________
|                   |                                   |

Unfortunately, as you have probably noticed, that drawing does not come out very well in this media. But thanks for trying.

A is a tomcat server and B is an Apache server bastion of all the web
service inside. Apache needs client side Authentication.
My question is what I need to do on A( tomcat) so that it can accepts
certificate from B and B will accept certificate from A (tomcat).

Which makes me think that this has nothing to do with Tomcat per se.
It looks like what you want is that some /application/ running inside Tomcat would be able to connect to Apache via SSL, and exchange certificates with it. That would be a pure Java programming matter, and the fact that the application itself happens to be running inside Tomcat is purely circumstancial and changes nothing to the matter.
Or am I misunderstanding your schema ?