Krishanu Biswas wrote:
Hello,

I've a 6.0.26 (latest) Tomcat installed on my laptop (windows vista
ulltimate). When inside corporate network, it works.

Can you explain how exactly "it works" ? what URL are you using then, from where ? what are you seeing then ?

 In home network, it
doesn't.

Same questions.

Strange enough that it does not work even when the laptop stands
alone (not connected to any network). Accessing
http://localhost:8080results in: ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT as seen
with HttpWatch. The
request does not reach the server (hence no log).

I presume this URL really is :

http://localhost:8080/results

, right ?

 server.xml has not been
changed.

netstat -ab shows the following processes:

  TCP    0.0.0.0:8009           hostname:0        LISTENING
 [java.exe]
  TCP    0.0.0.0:8080           hostname:0        LISTENING
 [java.exe]
: Windows Sockets initialization failed: 5

What does that mean ? What is is in the Tomcat logs, corresponding to this error ?

 TCP    [::]:8009              WDFN00224028A:0        LISTENING
[java.exe]
 TCP    [::]:8080              WDFN00224028A:0        LISTENING
[java.exe]

Windows host file has the following entries:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1           localhost

Using java version "1.6.0_18"

The problem appears to be very strange to me. Did a lot of searching on the
web before this post. Nothing helped. I'm sure that this is not a new
problem and hoping that one of you have already solved such an issue.

Is the "Windows firewall" or anything similar enabled (AUP or whatever it's called) ? If you do NOT start the Tomcat Service, and do a "netstat -ab", what do you see then ?