> From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP
> Port
>
> It also doesn't have a mechanism for changing it's own port, or any
> other application's port once it's running.

Actually, no process has the ability to change the ports used by some other
process.  I have to think this is a serious Windows bug - getting handles
confused.  Often observed on other versions of Windows for various objects
(especially icons), so it doesn't really surprise me that the tradition
continues in 2K8R2.

The RDP port does not appear to be kept in the registry (other than in the
firewall open port list), so it doesn't look like it could be an inadvertent
registry edit causing the problem.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.