From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 11:35 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port

Aaron Clark wrote:
> The RDP port is in the registry. It's at
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber
>
> Bug or not, it only happens when Tomcat is running.

Maybe.  But what people here are telling you is that
- one process cannot change the port another process is listening on.  If it
can, then
this is a bug of the O.S.
- if the RDP process changes the port it itself is listening on, then it sounds
like a
problem of the RDP service/program.
- if one process is already listening on one port (like Tomcat is listening on
port 80 in
this case), then another process cannot open the same port to listen on.  If it
can, then
it is (again) a problem of the O.S.
- we've run a lot of Tomcats on a lot of Windows, and never heard of a problem
like that.

So all in all, do you not want to re-examine your assumptions ?
(not saying this to sound nasty or send you back to the MS guys; just trying to
be
logical, and to look at the more probable causes first, before looking at the
less
probable ones)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any files or attachments
transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply E-mail and
destroy all copies of the original message. Additionally, we will take the
appropriate action to avoid sending you an unintended E-mail in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation.