Hi Moritz,

Am Dienstag, den 27.07.2010, 15:40 +0200 schrieb Moritz Winter:

> My issue is with the mod_jk plugin. I want to redirect my subdomain
> requests jira.example.com to a tomcat 6 virtual host called jiraapp. If
> I call the subdomain jira.example.com Im always getting the default
> tomcat 6 host called localhost.
I think your problem is, that mod_jk doesn't change the hostname of the
original request. So name your virtual host in tomcat jira.example.com
instead of jiraapp.

> I tested every part:
> 1.) mod_jk: if i change the workers name in either workers.properties or
> und er my enabled-site <VirtualHost> or if i change the mapping to my
> virtual host (/etc/hosts: 127.0.0.1 localhost jiraapp) apache doesnt
> start. So I think this should work and is configured right.
> 2.) if I do a lynx jiraapp:8080 on the machine it works and shows the
> right webapp.
>
> But if I access jira.example.com I always getting the default
> root-webapp of tomcat 6. So theres no difference in calling
> jira.example.com or example.com:8080. In general my setup looks like this:
> 1.) browse to jira.example.com
> 2.) apache <VirtualHost> hands over to mod_jk
> 3.) mod_jk redirects to worker.jiraworker.host:worker.jiraworker.port
> (jiraa pp:8009) via ajp
> 4.) jiraapp resolves to 127.0.0.1 trough /etc/hosts
> 5.) tomcat relays to the jiraapp name based virtual host
>
> Do I miss something here? My guess would be that iam doing something
> wrong in step 4 because i can call lynx jiraapp on the local bash (5)
> and i can access the default virtual host from remote (1-3).
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> Versions:
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.29
> Sun-Java 1.6.0_20-b02
> Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_jk/1.2.26 proxy_html/3.0.0 Server
> libapache2-mod-jk 1:1.2.26-2+lenny1
>
> == jk.load ==
>
> LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so
> JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/workers.properties
> JkLogFile /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
> JkLogLevel info
> # JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
> -ForwardLocalAddress
> JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
>

> == workers.properties ==
>
> workers.tomcat_home=/opt/tomcat
> workers.java_home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
I don't think that you need tomcat_home or java_home in your setup.

> worker.list=jiraworker
> worker.jiraworker.port=8009
> worker.jiraworker.host=jiraapp
> worker.jiraworker.type=ajp13
>

> == /etc/hosts ==
>
> ::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost jiraapp
>

> == server.xml ===
>
> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
> [...]
> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
> xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> [...]
> </Host>
> <Host name="jiraapp" appBase="jiraapp" docBase="/opt/tomcat/jiraapp"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
> xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false" >
>
> == apache example.com virtual hosts configuration file ==
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName www.jira.example.com
> ServerAlias jira.example.com
I don't know what happens if you access your server through
www.jira.example.com. I think you will find, that your default tomcat
virtual host will be called instead of jira.example.com.

You will probably want to redirect users to jira.example.com in that
case.

Bye Felix