On 8.3.2011 14:51, Borut Hadžialić wrote:
Maybe if your domains are really similar to host1.myhost.com and
host2.myhost.com you could use a wildcard certificate (*.myhost.com)
or if you are using a self-signed certificate and want just https
encryption and not server verification - then you could use 1 Tomcat
connector.

Other than wildcard certificates one might also use SAN or SNI if there is one IP address. They are both briefly explained here [1].

SAN is supported in Java 7 keytool (available as early access), and on most browsers.

I am not sure about server-side SNI, but it is not 100% supported on browsers [2]. Oddly, Wikipedia article states that Apache Tomcat supports SNI, but I cannot find any such reference in the docs.

-Ognjen

[1] http://redmine.lighttpd.net/wiki/1/Docs:SSL#SSL-on-multiple-domains
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Support