On 07/15/2011 07:58 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:

The pages could then reference distribution channels (Debian/Ubuntu/OpenSuse),
commercial channels (RedHat), requirements for compiling from source (RedHat,
CentOS, Fedora).

Beside that list, there is a difference between httpd versions
although we try to make mod_jk buildable from 2.0 trough 2.3.

This is just one point why we won't ship mod_jk binaries
for posix platforms any more.
First we don't have an infrastructure with all that platforms/version/cpu
flavors. If you see earlier release you will find two things.
1. Inconsistency
2. Incompleteness

So it might be you've just been lucky and one of the
core developers build the version that (might) work
on your infrastructure.

At the end, building is simple as:
./configure --with-apxs=/path/to/the/apxs(2)
make
sudo make install

Can it be simpler?

Just some random thoughts . . . .

I'd rather see the real FAQ instead thoughts ;)

Regards
--
^TM