On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Jeffrey Janner
<jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com> wrote:
> Why on God's Green Earth would you want a "random" jvmRoute value?

I'm new at this, explain to me why I wouldn't. I have to deploy to a
cluster, and my understanding is that the Apache front-end server
doesn't care about the value of jvmRoute. Generating a value at
deployment time therefore seemed like the easiest way of doing this. I
could just as easily generate a more predictable value from the
hostname, but I'm not sure of the benefits or considerations of that
choice, either.

If I'm wrong, well -- that's why I'm asking on this mailing list.