Yea, it's that back-end replication stuff that causes all the headaches.  From
what I've seen, mostly on this list, folks tend to set up the cluster
w/replication, but keep the sessions sticky, as a fail-over scenario.  That is,
they want to avoid requiring login on a fail-over. The httpd-JK does a pretty
good job of load-balancing the sessions between the clusters.
Session replication delay issues totally depend on what method you are using to
do the replication.  Only race conditions I can think of would be caused by
subsequent requests coming in faster than replication can occur. In some
methods you might be able to avoid that, others, not so easy.

> For my money, I'd go for sticky sessions and no replication at all. If
> you really need cluster-wide session access, look to other solutions
> (memcached, db-backed sessions, etc.).
>
> - -chris

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.