On 8/31/2011 10:18 AM, Francis GALIEGUE wrote:
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 16:11, David kerber<dcker...@verizon.net>  wrote:
Has there been any comparison testing done in how the latest 7.x version of
TC will compare to the latest 6.0.x version, in the case of tons (hundreds
per second) of very small, quick-to-process requests?

I have a machine that's starting to croak and am moving to a new machine,
and need to decide whether to use the latest 6.x, or the latest 7.x version
on Windows 2008.  The app will of course be identical in either situation,
and all it does is take data sent in the upload request, un-obfuscate it,
and write it to disk after doing a checksum test.  So it's minimal
processing, but there are a LOT of them.

Thanks for any insight!

Well, first things first, ensure keepalive works properly for the
connector(s) you use, but I guess you have it covered already, right?

Apart from that...

Yeah, I've got the general performance issues worked out long ago, but that was on 5.5.x. I just wanted to be sure there was little to no difference expected between the two current versions before I went ahead.