On 8/31/2011 10:16 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 31/08/2011 15:11, David kerber wrote:
Has there been any comparison testing done in how the latest 7.x version
of TC will compare to the latest 6.0.x version, in the case of tons
(hundreds per second) of very small, quick-to-process requests?

Not that I am aware of.

I have a machine that's starting to croak and am moving to a new
machine, and need to decide whether to use the latest 6.x, or the latest
7.x version on Windows 2008.  The app will of course be identical in
either situation, and all it does is take data sent in the upload
request, un-obfuscate it, and write it to disk after doing a checksum
test.  So it's minimal processing, but there are a LOT of them.

Thanks for any insight!

I'd expect very little difference. I'd use the latest 7.0.x since the
release cycle is a lot shorter.

If do you find any problems / bottlenecks with 7.0.x raise them here and
they should get fixed pretty promptly.

Mark

Thanks; that's pretty much what I expected, but wanted to confirm.