Hello, thank you for replying!

Yes, that is the location I uncommented it since that is what their
instructions say. I'm only deploying a single webapp, so I do not mind it being
global.  I do see how it would be tidier in the future, if I deploy more, to do
it on a per-app basis.  If this is contributing to my current problem, I have
no issues doing as you suggest.

Should I copy it from the conf directory in its entirety or just a subsection
of the file?

Thank you again.
-Steve