On 27 Dec 2011, at 10:48, Saravanan L <saravan...@te-soft.com> wrote:

> 3. A 504 response code is a gateway timeout. Tomcat does not issue this
> on its own. Either you have a proxy in front of Tomcat or your
> application is returning this value.
>
> A. Yes the proxy relayed this message,  it seems the tomcat did not respond
> with any message at all.
>
> looks like 200 idle threads to me.
>
> In comet idle threads are fine rights.

Idle threads do not inherently represent a problem with any of the
Connectors. It just means they have no work to do.

> Thats how comet/nio works right. Please correct me on this.

I don't know what you mean by this.

When you stop getting responses are you still connecting via a proxy
or directly to Tomcat?

Is the previous thread dump taken shortly after Tomcat stopped
responding, or before?