> > I fail the see the logic in that, sorry. Why just not throw any scope
> > limiting away?
>

> in this particular case: yes. dont forget that property model is entirely
> about convinience in the first place, and flattening scopes is just another
> part of that convenience :)

So you write a class with a certain member, but as you don't want
people to directly access that member, you don't provide an mutator
method. Someone else takes a look at your class and decides to
directly access the member using property model regardles. I know
people can do it with introspection anyway, but it arguably breaches
encapsulation. If you have a component/ page with members and in that
component/ page you link a property model to it, I think it is fair to
say you'd like to access the property as an implementation detail. But
for regular domain objects, I don't see why normal rules of
encapsulation wouldn't apply.

Anyway, we built the damn thing so we know about it, though I - as a
member of the dev team - didn't even know about this 'feature' until
recently, neither did Martijn give this any special mention in his
chapter on models so far. Also, this is the second time the topic
comes up, so I don't think it is as obvious or intuitive as you are
suggesting.

Eelco