I checked the code out with svn, and run my project with last revision, however the behavior is still the same.
In the Wizard.java method onBeforeRender() there is a condition
if (buttonBar instanceof IDefaultButtonProvider){}
which in my case never evaluates to true and so the form never gets set the default button.

Do you want a code of my class? I do not do there something special, I copied the class from wicket examples.

Vitek
I didn't quite make 'today', but it is fixed now. See

Defaults in WizardButtonBar should work for most people, but if you
want something different, you can let your button bar implement
IDefaultButtonProvider (which is a new interface).

Eelco