This is about how wicket generates dynamically markupID.

I have, for instance, the following markup component:

<input wicket:id="quantity.noOfUnits" />

The generated markupId for this component looks like the following:
quantity.noOfUnits1232 .

I suggest to escape any css valid specifiers from the generated markupId, by
replacing them with something else (for instance '_' character).

The problem appear when I am trying to identify the component by it's id
using some js library (like jQuery) and as a consequence the result of this
query: $("#quantity.noOfUnits1232") is invalid.

Thank you!

Alex.