>From the Java-side, it isn't visible, whether a component will be placed in
whatever html part. So you add all components in the constructor, yes.
However, it's as messy as adding 5 components is right now ... they will
just be added at different places.

And if somebody really needs 5 child areas, something else might be even
messier than the page's constructor. I rather think that 2, 3 or in rare
cases even 4 ids could make sense.

Is that what you meant?

-- stefan

-----