Gwyn Evans wrote:
> Hi Curtis,
>
> On 07 November 2007, 11:20:00 PM, Curtis Cooley wrote:
> CC> Where can I get more info on using ajax with wicket? The examples I've
> CC> found so far do not include round trips. Sure, writing a clock label is
> CC> cool and all, but I have real time data on a page that I don't want to
> CC> have to reload the whole page for all the time.
>
> http://wicket.apache.org/exampleajaxcounter.html
>
> http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/ajax/
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/dropdownchoice-examples.html#DropDownChoiceExamples-UsingAjax
>
> http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/2007/01/backward-compatible-ajax-development.html

Thanks for the links. I'll absorb those.
> CC> Also, I'm using a TabbedPanel with nested panels and even the simple
> CC> ajax examples won't run.
>
> CC> Also, it seems that when I attempt to enable ajax, whenever I click on
> CC> another tab, I get the "page expired" link. What's up with that? I'm
> CC> assuming wicket has detected that the page has changed, but the labels
> CC> on the page have not updated. Can this be disabled?
>
> Did you call .setOutputMarkupId(true) on any components you want to
> update via Ajax (or setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true) if they're
> starting out invisible) & add them to the 'target' in the Ajax
> callback?

I wasn't, but I found the WorldClock example that looks a lot more like
the click counter example. I've modeled my page as closely as possible,
but I still do not see the label updating dynamically. It updates fine
on refresh. I seem to have fixed the expired page problem, though.

The only difference between my java file and the WorldClock example is
that it extends BasePage and I extend Panel. I'm also updating a label
that is in a ListView. I'm trying to build a table of data that updates
dynamically.