hi eelco,

Assume the tag wouldn't be renamed. Then it would only be a new and optional
(!) attribute for the child/extend tags. So isn't it unnecessary to
explicitly turn on/off a feature that you could implicitly turn on as soon
as this attribute is used?

The naming - is abstract/implement better than child/extend - is another
topic I really didn't want to argue about.

This is just an idea. I know that supporting it as wicket core feature
(docs, mailing list, code, ...) is a totally different question.

regards, stefan

100th reply - is it a Good Thing (tm) ;)

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2007 11:19 AM, Scott Swank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I can see how <wicket:abstract> and <wicket:implements> tags could be
>> a nice enhancement to the current <wicket:extend> and <wicket:child>
>> tags.  Do you have a working, or mostly working, patch?
>
> What I think we should do with this is make it an option. It would be
> turned off by default, requiring users to an extra one or two lines of
> configuration to turn this on (we've done this before), and let it
> prove itself. Sounds to me like everyone would be happy.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Eelco

-----
-------