yes i agree,
i dont think we will change the extend->child 1 on 1 relationship. (thats
just design by inheritance)
what some others want is just do it by composition and that is perfectly
possible by using panels.
And you can mix the 2 just fine.

So

Base.java/Base.html -> extend -> Sub.java/Sub.html
Base.java/Base.html -> composition -> Sub.java with Panel1.java/Panel1.html
and Panel2.java/Panel2.html
 Base.java/Base.html -> extend and composition -> Sub.java/Sub.html with
Panel1.java/Panel1.html and Panel2.java/Panel2.html

So i am curious what people really think is missing.
Don't they want the Panel1.java/Panel1.html form composition? But wicket
also have something for that thats called Fragments so:

 Base.java/Base.html -> composition -> Sub.java with Fragment1 and Fragment2

johan