One BIG plus that I haven't seen mentioned is debuggability. A wicket
application is almost as easy to debug as a regular application. For one
thing the error messages are really great. 90% of the time the nail the
problem. But the biggest plus is that the whole control flow is just in
regular Java classes. No excursions into the templating engine, no
reflection magic, just good ole Java code you actually have half a
chance of debugging.
Jonathan has mentioned that the API footprint is bigger than he would
like (you started to sound a bit like Steve Northover, there, by the
way; scary! ;-). But I find that wicket actually has a very small
footprint compared to other frameworks, because wicket is all there is.
No templating engine, no bytcode manipulation framework, no expression
language you have to know. I can understand wicket top to bottom. Sweet!

Thomas