fattymelt,
yes that looks right. This used to work. I will try to get some time
later today to see what is going on. There should be a velocity.log
somewhere that could be helpful. wicket-velocity has an Initializer
that searches for and loads the properties file, so set a breakpoint
in init to see what is going on.

best,
jim

On Jan 22, 2008 7:56 AM, fattymelt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the help, James. I tried adding the following to my web.xml (and
> putting the velocity.properties file in that location). Does this look right
> to you?
>
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>ClientApplication</servlet-name>
>         <servlet-class>wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet</servlet-class>
>         <init-param>
>           <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
>           <param-value>com.foo.bar.client.ClientApplication</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>                 <param-name>configuration</param-name>
>                 <param-value>development</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>                 <param-name>velocityPropertiesFolder</param-name>
>                 <param-value>WEB-INF/classes</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>                 <param-name>velocity.properties</param-name>
>                 <param-value>velocity.properties</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
>     </servlet>
>

> James McLaughlin-3 wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 21, 2008 11:45 PM, fattymelt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just to be sure...
> >>
> >> In the Wicket section of web.xml I am going to add the two init-params.
> >> One
> >> of which defines the folder in which to find my properties file, and the
> >> other is the actual filename. Then I can use that properties file to
> >> specify
> >> what my TEMPLATE_ROOT is.
> >
> > Yes, that should do it.
> >

> >> The only I don't get, is that I have working templates now that are in
> >> WEB-IN/templates. So, it isn't like velocity-contrib isn't finding them.
> >> So
> >> I'm not sure why the "parse" directive isn't looking there, too?
> >
> > For some reason, the velocity.properties that comes with
> > wicket-velocity specifies the root as "." . It probably would have
> > been better left as the default, which behaves as you would expect.
> > Maybe if you provide the full path to the template you are parsing,
> > the classpath loader will pick it up. Hope this helps, fattymelt.

Jim McLaughlin
Director, Software Engineering
Stonewater Control Systems
(o) 847.864.1060 x107