If you use HybridUrlCodingStrategy the page is bookmarkable after ajax
request. It can be recreated, but without the changes that ajax
request made to it. But this is not just ajax request, you have same
problems when using regular request. Wicket doesn't allow you to
reflect fine grained changes to page state in URL. That's a design
decision. The page state gets too complicated to be encoded in URL.

-Matej

On Feb 5, 2008 12:25 PM, Gabor Szokoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/5/08, Erik van Oosten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Johan,
> >
> > Anyways, the fact remains that nice URLs can be important for some
> > Wicket projects, despite what average Joes may look at.
>
> A big "me too" to that!
>
> We have a specific (and I beleive wise) requirement for bookmarkable,
> human readable URLs representing the user interaction state. REST if
> you will :-)
>
> We are just now looking into a full AJAX redesign of the application
> (not all our requirements are wise :-) ), reading up on the required
> trickery like this:
> http://ajaxpatterns.org/Unique_URLs
>

> Gabor Szokoli

Resizable and reorderable grid components.
http://www.inmethod.com