Not exactly sure what you mean here since this is my first time trying wicket
and hibernate, spring.

I have spring annoted daos that I use ex. myDao().getList(); returns a list
that has lazy object references.
When I try to evoke a method on the lazy object I get the exception. I have
solved i right now with DTO but it seam total meaningless to have dto when
all my entities can be used in the wicket page.