Well if you insist on building your own, even though there are 2
perfectly appliable frameworks for your situation, then why not take a
look at how they add the authentication info to the component.
I'll save you some time: both use component metadata, you could also
like wicket-auth-roles does too, use annotations.
But maybe, since you want to do everything yourself you can come up
with an new way.

Maurice