Hi,

I'm working on getting wicket compatible with jsr-286 now. However while doing this I've noticed that Liferay has still some major issues regarding jsr-286. Especially regarding setting properties on the response (essentially setting response headers, cookies, etc) there is still some work to be done. They also don't support the MARKUP_HEAD_ELEMENT_SUPPORT feaure jet, what would be a really nice addition because of the CSS and JS files wicket adds to it's pages. Comment and vote on http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-5828. and track it to follow the property changes

I'm also planning on opening a Wicket-jira issue so that you can track the progress of the wicket implementation. But we will have to wait at least until the portlet 2.0 specifications get official and added to a maven repository before we can add anything to the wicket code base. Besides that it's a lot of work and I'm doing this in my free hours so don't get over excited just jet :).

I'll post a message on the list when I open the jira issue, and I'll attach patches to that issue as soon as I feel confident about the work I've been doing.

I hope that answers your questions a bit.
Thijs

gaugat wrote:
I've read in the forums, that it is better to wait for Liferay 5 (JSR 286) to
develop portlets in Apache Wicket. So has anyone developed portlets using
Wicket and deployed them in Liferay 5?. If you have, is there a sample
wicket portlet posted somewhere that I could look at? Are there still issues
with Wicket and Liferay?