Matthijs,

That is a good point and I did consider that, but I thought if anyone else
wants to do things with annotations and wicket in the future, this would be
a perfect place to put that code (especially given the underlying scanning
support).  Thus, I was being optimistic about the future.  Believe me, I
spent an hour staring out the window trying to decide on the right name.

Hopefully the documentation explains clearly what it does.

-Doug